Saturday, July 31, 2010

Four Years Ago Today!

July 31, 2006 at 1:31 pm we got the call from our agency that we had waited 19 months for........we had a daughter! With anticipation and walking the floors, I waited for Randy to get home so I could tell him the news. It would be one more day before we would be able to see her precious face but that night, neither of us could sleep talking about what she would look like and what her round face as they described would look like. They said she had very little hair and since Randy is bald (by choice) we thought about if she would look like him. 

The following day, I was in the shower when I heard the doorbell ring. I jumped out knowing that it was the FedEx driver dropping off THE most important package EVER!!!!!! I opened the door in my towel with the camera I had sitting near the shower to only get a glimpse of the truck driving away.....I so wanted one of those same pics that others had gotten, of the them with the driver holding the package. Oh well, too late! I called Randy at work and yelled, "It's here, our little Ella's pictures are here!" "Get home NOW." 

Waiting for Randy to get home was the longest time in my entire life. I wanted to just rip that packaging off and view my little girls face for the first time. Seeing that little face when Randy got home and without makeup on, we opened that pink folder together to see THE most amazing round chubby face we had ever seen. She was beautiful and looked JUST like Randy, enough that they could be twins. After spending about an hour just staring at her 3 pictures and remarking on different attributes about her, we read through some of the information we got. Apparently, she had 4 teeth, all on the bottom and that she was NOT cooperative for the hearing and vision test. What a day that was four years ago, it seems like yesterday that that phone call came through and we got to see her face for the first time.

Now, here we are and she will be 5 in a just three short months and will be going off to Kindergarten in September. She is sweet, loving, funny, creative, and so smart. Hearing her call me mommy is the best sound I could imagine ever hearing. This little girl has taught me so much about love and I love her , WE love her, with every fiber of our being. She is our heart and soul and we can't imagine what our lives were like before that phone call on July 31, 2006 and we don't want to either!

We love you Ella Bella!
Mommy and Daddy~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.