Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beijing: Day Two

This was our second day in Beijing and boy was it a busy one! We were at the the Forbidden City yesterday and even took a rickshaw ride through a housing village of commoners. That was interesting to see how the real people live in China. Today was the Great Wall, Olympic Village, Dr. Tea House, and the Acrobat Show. It has been VERY hot here but we are managing. Ella has been a real trouper and she even climbed a bit of the Great Wall today. Of course, Randy had the camera with him heading to the second tower and beyond so I got no pics of her climbing it but she and I know the truth, she did it!

There are 8 families in our group including 4 little girls, Ella who is 3, Mya who is 2, Lily who will be 4 next month, and then Olivia who is 4 already. It's hard to believe that after tomorrow, we will have 6 girls and 6 boys in our travel group to be a total of 12 kids! We are the only family from Michigan but there is a range... S. Jersey, South Carolina, Georgia, California, and Florida. We leave in the morning for Aiden's province so I think I'll try to write more tomorrow since I should get some sleep. We have had no jet lag and all been doing great. The next time I post will be from Aiden's province.........YOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.