Well, today as my last class was taking their last Final Exam (Thank GOD!!!!!), I opened my email to see that our agency, CCAI, had received the much anticipated but final piece of this paperwork for this country, our CA which is the consulate appointment in Guangzhou. This appointment basically is where we get Aiden's Visa and Passport and finalize the rest of the documents for the immigration office at the US Embassy.
I immediately started texting Randy to let him know that the CA was here and we could start booking flights. I rushed home at lunch and spent nearly 90 minutes trying to book a flight but couldn't because our agency had to approve it first. I couldn't get through to the Travel Dept. because the only woman working this week was on another call sooooooooo I went back to work hoping we could finalize our flights when I got home.
Once I got home, I spent nearly 2 hours trying to find the cheapest flights that would take the less time since Ms. Ella is going with us. I also don't want to spend 31 hours in and out of airports, not on this trip at least. Anyway, 2 hours later and a HUGEEEEEEEEE migraine, we have tickets through Continental and already we know of one family from our group that we are traveling with on the same flight. I am hoping to hear of a few more that will be with us as well. I think there are 7 families total and we are all going to the same province to get our little ones.
Our travel plans will be posted along the side for you to view. We are flying out on the 24th (15 days) and our Consulate Appointment is on July 9th. We will be flying back home on July 10th and arriving back in Detroit later that night.
Stay tuned for more news................
P.S. By the way, Aiden is over his bout with Chicken Pox for which we are most grateful. He is such a doll and is now saying baba, mama, baby, Wu Jun, and sings e-i-e-i-o........... how cute!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.